Please complete the "ABSTRACT FORM FOR SCIENTIFIC PAPERS"
- At least one of the authors should be an AMS member.
- Abstract submissions are limited to 250 words (including Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusion).
- Abstracts must be formatted and organized into the attached Abstract Form.
- Abstracts must be based on original completed or near completed research which has not been previously published.
- Please proofread abstracts carefully to avoid errors before submission. AMS will not make changes to your submission. Your abstract, if selected, will be published on the website exactly as submitted.
- Please indicate on the Abstract form whether you would like this to be considered for an oral presentation, a poster presentation or either.
- All abstracts must be in English. Please keep the abstract clear and concise with correct spelling and grammar, as well as good sentence structure.
- Abstracts should be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid changes.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the stated deadline in the notification letter will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
Oral presentations will be eight minutes with two minutes for questions. The oral scientific paper presentation will be on Thursday 19th March 2020 from 5-6pm.
Poster presentations will be hard-copy, portrait orientation, of size 48’’ high x 36”’ wide (i.e. 121.9 cm high x 91.4cm wide). Printed poster presentation giving board details of study. Provide main details only regarding objectives, methods, results, and conclusion. No need to provide references.
- There will be prizes for the best three presentations in each oral and poster category.
- In addition, the top scoring oral presentation will receive a US$1500 award from the AMS to help support their trip to Barcelona to present their paper as the “AMS Best Paper Award” at the International Skeletal Society (ISS) annual meeting, Oct 3rd -9th 2020.
- Abstract submissions will be judged based on the quality of the research undertaken, particularly the diligence of the methodology, as well as the potential clinical impact of the findings.